Maryland Workers’ Compensation Claims Attorneys
Pinder Plotkin Can Help You File for Your Workers’ Compensation Benefits
If you are injured on-the-job or become ill because of work-related conditions, you are entitled to receive workers’ comp benefits under the Maryland’s Workers’ Compensation Statute. To receive workers’ comp benefits, you must file a workers’ comp claim. The Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission handles claims filed by injured workers throughout Maryland.
You are entitled to seek the advice and guidance of an attorney before filing a claim and during the claims process. Even though you may file a claim with the WCC without an attorney, consulting Maryland workers’ compensation claim attorneys can be very beneficial in helping you receive all the benefits you deserve after being hurt at work.
Call 410-661-9440 for a free consultation with our Maryland workers’ compensation claims attorneys. Learn about your rights and about the process of filing a workers’ compensation claim from trusted, experienced attorneys.
What Steps Can You Take to Help Ensure Your Workers’ Compensation Claim is Paid?
Even though workers’ compensation benefits should be easy to obtain when you have been injured at work, the process of filing a claim and receiving benefits is often complicated by insurance companies unwilling to pay valid claims.
Some ways you can help your workers’ compensation claim be successful include:
- Report your accident or illness immediately to your employer and request a copy of the report for your records.
- File your workers’ compensation claim as soon as possible. There are deadlines for filing claims. Missing the deadline could result in a denial of your workers’ compensation claim.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injury or illness.
- Do not return to work until your doctor clears you to do so. You need to follow your doctor’s treatment plan and attend each doctor’s appointment as scheduled. If you are assigned rehabilitation therapy or vocational training, you need to make sure you follow the guidelines and rules to remain eligible for benefits.
- Keep records of all your medical treatments, medications, and appointments.
- Do not sign any releases or agree to a settlement from the insurance company until after you speak with our Maryland workers’ compensation claims attorneys.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits Available in Maryland
Depending on the facts in your case, you may be eligible for a variety of benefits when you file your workers’ compensation claim. All workers are entitled to receive reasonable and necessary care for a workplace injury. You may choose the doctor for your care.
If you are unable to work because of your injury, you may also receive temporary disability benefits. The amount of the benefits is based on your average weekly wage and the maximum state benefits. After you have completed treatment, if you sustained a permanent impairment, you may also be entitled to receive permanent disability benefits.
In addition to medical and wage benefits, you may also be entitled to receive vocational rehabilitation services. Death benefits are also available for family members when workers are killed on the job.
Contact Our Maryland Workers’ Compensation Claims Attorneys for More Information
The Maryland workers’ compensation claims attorneys of Pinder Plotkin can help you file your workers’ comp claim or appeal a denial of your claim.
When you are injured on the job, it can be difficult to deal with the stress of filing a workers’ comp claim in addition to dealing with the physical and emotional demands of recovering from a workplace injury.
Let our team of legal professionals handle your workers’ compensation claim and deal with the insurance company so that you can focus entirely on your recovery.
Call Pinder Plotkin LLC at 410-661-9440 for a free consultation with a Maryland workers’ compensation lawyer.